Float Teller (Full-time)
Serves the public and promote good customer relations reflecting the Bank’s community image. Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines. Processes a wide variety of transactions to service customers in conformance with established Bank policies and procedures. Floats between all GCB branches to cover absences.
- Provides efficient, effective and courteous customer service. Performs a wide variety of transactions including processing deposits, withdrawals, payments, check cashing, sale of bank checks, etc.
- Ensures accuracy of actions. Balances transactions and cash and participate in the branch settlement. Performs a variety of operational tasks, e.g. check scanning, etc.
- Ensures that transactions are processed with the proper documentation in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintains updated knowledge of the Bank’s products and services. Makes referrals as appropriate.
- Settles and balances the ATM.
- Performs a variety of clerical support duties, e.g. answer telephone inquiries, file, etc.
- Assists customers with problems on existing accounts. Perform file maintenance.
- Required to work at least 2 Saturdays per month and fill in at any office as needed.
- Performs related and unrelated duties as needed.
High School Diploma. Customer contact experience. Capability to perform basic math procedures. Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills. Demonstrated sales ability. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail. Technologically proficient.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.